Aspire Lounges COVID-19 Measures
We can’t wait to welcome you back to our Aspire Lounges! And we know you’re keen to get back in lounges, so we thought we should give you an update on what we’ve been doing in recent months.
We here in the Aspire Lounges Team have been busy planning and putting new COVID-19 health and safety measures in place across our lounges to help keep you and our employees safe for reopening.
This work has included reviewing government guidelines, working with Health and Safety professionals from within the business and working closely with airport authorities.
Aspire Lounges COVID Measures in England
As COVID-19 legal requirements in England are lifted from Monday 19th July, some COVID measures are changing in Aspire and Club Aspire in England. From the 19th of July 2021 the following restrictions will be in place in Aspire and Club Aspire in England:
- We recommend that guests continue to wear face masks when entering and moving around the lounge for the safety of others around them. Please be mindful of any guidance issued by the airport you are departing from, our staff will be more than happy to advise you if you are unsure.
- Perspex screens will remain in lounges on the reception desks and bar areas.
- Sanitising stations will continue to be present and available to use in lounges
- We will now offer a mixed service offering, some food items such as hot dishes will be served via table service whilst cold items will be available from the buffet. Customers will be able to get their own drinks from the fully tended bar, this excludes Birmingham where full table service for all food and drinks will remain in place.
- We will continue to space tables at least 1 meter away from each other until further notice
- We will continue with enhanced cleaning throughout our lounges
Aspire Lounges COVID Measures Outside of England
Due to COVID-19 and the measures we are having to implement across our lounge network, things in Aspire Lounges will be a little different for a while.
You can expect to see a number of changes in lounges for the foreseeable future at re-opening, including:
- Social distancing
- Self-service check in (where possible)
- Reduced capacity in lounges
- Table service instead of buffet service is in place in some of our lounges, however other lounges are offering pre-packed buffet options. Please check the lounge on this website for the latest information on the lounge you are visiting.
- We’ve had to reduce our menu offering to a low contact menu
- Increased cleaning schedules across all lounges
- No physical newspapers or magazines in the lounge, this service has now been replaced with PressReader, providing our lounge guests with access to over 7,000 titles digitally. To find out more about PressReader in Aspire and Club Aspire Lounges, click here.
We will evaluate each of these measures as the guidance around COVID-19 is updated and as this global pandemic evolves.
Details of the updated lounge menus can be found on each lounge’s landing page on this website, or by clicking the below links. Please be advised, these menus will be updated as this situation evolves and are subject to change.
- Belfast city Aspire Lounge
- Cork Airport Aspire Lounge
- Birmingham Airport Aspire Lounge
- Bristol Airport Aspire Lounge
- Edinburgh Airport NEW Aspire Lounge
- Humberside Airport Aspire Loune
- Inverness Airport Aspire Lounge
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport Aspire Lounge
- Gatwick Airport North Terminal Club Aspire Lounge
- Heathrow T5 Club Aspire Lounge
- Luton Airport Aspire Lounge
- Manchester Airport Terminal 1 Aspire Lounge
- Manchester Airport Terminal 2 Aspire Lounge
- Newcastle Airport Aspire Lounge
You can also see a full allergens list for the new post-COVID-19 Aspire Lounge menu here.
If you would like to see the COVID-19 health and safety measures in action, watch the below video which was shot at the London Heathrow Terminal 5 Club Aspire Lounge, one fo the first in our network to reopen in a COVID-19 world.
Free Cancellations & Amends
We appreciate that COVID-19 has created a lot of uncertainty in the travel industry. Due to this, and to help reassure our lounge guests, we have updated our Cancellations and Amends Policy allowing all guests who have booked their lounge visit direct, via this website to amend and cancel their booking free of charge.
Lounge re-opening dates
We're currently working with airport and airline partners to determine when is the right time to once again re-open the doors to each of our lounges. Each lounge's re-opening date will be announced individually via our website and lounge pages, Aspire Lounges mailing list and across our social media channels.
Aspire Lounges Group bookings
From 22nd September, it is now mandatory for all customers to wear face coverings when moving around airport lounges in Northern Ireland and Scotland. Please keep your face covering on whilst in or moving around the lounge, except when you are sitting at your table.
From 19th July 2021 it is no longer mandatory by law for lounge guests to wear face masks while in the lounge in England. We recommend that guests continue to wear face masks when entering and moving around the lounge for the safety of others around them. Please be mindful of any guidance issued by the airport you are departing from, our staff will be more than happy to advise you if you are unsure.
Aspire and Club Aspire Lounges are a responsible purveyor of alcohol within the airports across our network, and as such, all our lounges operates with a Fit2Fly Policy in place. The Fit2Fly Policy is intended to highlight alcohol consumption within the airport.
To read our full Fit2Fly Policy click here.
We’ll see you soon…
If you have any concerns or questions, we’re here to help! Please get in touch with the Aspire Lounges Customer Services Team who will aim to answer any questions you have.
During this time, we advise all customers to check their lounge page ahead of their visit via www.executivelounges.com and then clicking ‘Lounges’ and selecting the lounge you will be visiting.
We also advise booking your next lounge visit direct via this website, as this will allow you to benefit from exclusive offers such as guaranteed delay cover and free booking amendments and cancellations.
Stay safe and well,
The Aspire Lounges Team
Share this post Share Article on Facebook Share Article on Twitter Share Article on Linkedin Share Article via Email