In these fast-moving and uncertain times, I wanted to reach out to you to let you know the actions we have taken to make sure that we are supporting you and your travel plans.
With the evolving situation surrounding COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus), I wish to assure you that we are doing everything that we can to ensure your travels are safe and you have extra flexibility should you need it.
Following the advice from the UK Government, all UK Aspire Lounges temporarily closed on Friday 20th March until further notice.
The lounges which were closed are listed below.
- Birmingham South Aspire Lounge - BHX (Birmingham North Aspire Lounge remains open and your booking will be valid there)
- Newcastle Aspire Plus Lounge - NCL
- Copenhagen Aspire Lounge - CPH
- Edinburgh Aspire Lounges - EDI -
- Larnaca Aspire Aphrodite Lounge - LCA
- Humberside Aspire Lounge - HUY
- Basel Skyview Aspire Lounge - BSL
- Geneva Swissport Lounge - GVA
- Zurich Aspire Panoramic Lounge Midfield Terminal - ZRH
- Zurich Aspire Lounge Terminal-Centre - ZRH -
- Ottawa Aspire Salon Lounge - YOW
- Calgary International Airport Aspire Lounge - YYC
- Calgary Airport Aspire Lounges Transborder - YYC
- Gatwick North Club Aspire Lounge - LGW -
- Gatwick South Club Aspire Lounge - LGW
- Eindhoven Airport Aspire Lounge - EIN
- Bristol Plus Aspire Lounge - BRS -
- Bristol Airport Aspire Lounge - BRS
- Liverpool Aspire Lounge - LPL -
- Newcastle Aspire Lounge - NCL -
- Cork Airport Aspire Lounge - ORK
- Manchester Airport Terminal 2 Aspire Lounge - MAN
- Manchester Airport Terminal 1 Aspire Lounge -
- Heathrow T3 Club Aspire Lounge - LHR
- Heathrow T5 Club Aspire Lounge - LHR -
- Birmingham Airport Aspire Lounge - BHX -
- Montreal Airport Swissport Lounge - YUL
- O R Tambo International Airport Aspire Lounge - JNB
- Sofia Vitosha Aspire Lounge - SOF
Some of our partner lounges also took the decision to temporarily close, including:
- Cologne-Bonn Airport Lounge - CGN
- Faro Schengen and Non-Schengen Lounges - FAO
- Northern Lights Executive Lounge at Aberdeen Airport - ABZ
- Glasgow Upperdeck Airport Lounge - GLA
- Dublin Airport DAA Executive Lounge - DUB
- Norman Manley International Airport Club Kingston Lounge - KIN
- Ahlan Lounge @ B Dubai International Airport - DUB -
- Ahlan Business Class Lounge Dubai International Airport - DUB
Airport lounge reopenings have fluctuated in various locations due to national and local lockdown restrictions. Please view each lounge page on this website to get the latest information on if your lounge is currently open, its operating hours and the COVID-19 measures in place here.
Your Travel Safety
The safety and security of our guests and staff has always been our highest priority and in response to the COVID-19 situation, we have taken additional steps to ensure that this remains our focus.
We are working with our airport partners and taking the advice of the World Health Organisation (WHO) and other global health agencies in the location of our lounges.
Before having to close our lounges upon Government advice, we had been taking a number of steps to protect lounge customers and employees, including:
- Regular communication and briefings for all our staff around the world
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of key touch-points
- Increased cleaning schedules
- Providing hand sanitising gels throughout our lounges
- Ensuring antibacterial soaps are available in our washrooms
- Adjustments to menus in line with current food safety guidance
At each lounge closure, we followed strict guidelines to ensure these lounges have been closed safely and hygienically. Where possibly, food stored on the premises has been donated to local causes in each lounge location.
Various other health and safety measures and COVID-19 restrictions are being implemented at reopening lounges across our lounge network. The measures put in place at each lounge will be in accordance with local government restrictions. To find out more about the measures in place at reopening lounges, please view our specific lounge pages.
The Government has announced everyone must wear a face covering while using public transport from Monday 15th June. If you have plans to return to the airport and use air travel soon, please ensure you have and wear a face covering.
If you have an Aspire or an Aspire Plus Membership, please see our full statement on our approach to the annual membership programme during COVID-19.
Your Travel Flexibility
We have suspended all cancellation and amendment fees should your travel plans be disrupted.
Everyone at Aspire is committed to making sure that your journey gets off to the best possible start, and at these challenging times, we want to make sure that arranging your lounge booking is straightforward and easy.
If you need to re-arrange or cancel your booking, you can do this within the 'My Account' area of our website, or talk to our Customer Experience Team on +44(0) 161 694 7220. We are here Monday to Friday, 10am - 4pm GMT.
Please be aware that our team are very busy helping guests, so we politely ask that you only call us if you have a lounge booking within the next three days.
VP Global Lounges