1. "Lounge Facilities" means the provision of a waiting area in the departure area of the Airport with seating and refreshment facilities including but not limited to:
A. a range of alcoholic beverages, wines, beers and spirits
B. a range of soft drinks;
C. tea and coffee;
D. a choice of snacks and small food items; and
E. a range of magazines and newspapers;
2. "Swissport" means Swissport GB Ltd whose registered office is at Swissport House, Hampton Court, Manor Park, Runcorn, Cheshire, WA7 1TT
3. "Customer" means the person, firm or company booking the use of Lounge Facilities.
4. "Airport" means the airport from which the Customer is travelling.
5. "Charges" means the charges paid by the Customer to Swissport in respect of Lounge Facilities in accordance with Swissport GB Ltd's charging structure which may be amended by Swissport from time to time.
6. "Administration Fee” means fees charged to the Customer in GBP (inclusive of UK VAT), following any amendments in relation to an existing booking.
7. "Cancellation Fee” means fees charged to the Customer in GBP (inclusive of UK VAT), following any complete or part cancellation in relation to an existing booking.
8. The headings in these conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
9. Words in the singular shall include the plural and vice versa, references to any gender shall include the other, reference to legal persons shall include natural persons and vice versa.
2 Formation of Contract
1. The Lounge Facilities are provided by Swissport GB Ltd. subject to these terms and conditions, the acceptance of which the Customer shall confirm and agree by the act of booking the Lounge Facilities and paying the Charges.
2. No representative, employee or sales person or agent of Swissport GB Ltd. has Swissport's authority to vary, amend or waive any of these conditions.
3. These terms and conditions will prevail over any terms or conditions proposed by the Customer orally or on any order form or similar document and any such other terms and conditions proposed shall not be binding on Swissport GB Ltd.
3 Lounge Facilities
1. All specifications, descriptions, drawings, photographs or illustrations of the Lounge Facilities and any advertising matter, sample books and menu descriptions are only intended to serve as a guide and not to be relied upon by the Customer or treated as binding or as forming part of these conditions or any contract with the Customer.
2. Swissport GB Ltd. shall use it’s reasonable endeavours to provide the Lounge Facilities during the hours advertised for each Airport, but reserves the right to vary the hours of operation or close the Lounge Facilities due to refurbishment, relocation or otherwise in which case an alternative Lounge Facility will be provided or a refund of the Charges will be made at the discretion of Swissport GB Ltd.
3. Swissport GB Ltd. shall use it’s reasonable endeavours to ensure a suitable environment is maintained in the Lounge Facilities.
4. Swissport GB Ltd. shall have the right to refuse a Customer entry to the Lounge Facilities for any statutory, regulatory or Airport policy reasons including but not limited to health and safety policies or fire regulations.
5. In order to maintain Customer expectations children are not permitted to use the Lounge Facilities in certain Lounges. Please check the individual Lounge information on this website for details. In the event that children are permitted access to the Lounge, they should be accompanied in all Lounge Facilities by a Customer over the age of eighteen years at all times.
1. Charges payable for the Lounge Facilities shall be as stated in the price list (current at the date of booking). Prices are inclusive of VAT and other forms of government sales taxes and/or provincial sales taxes in relation to the country and/or province that the lounge resides. Swissport GB Ltd. will act as a disclosed agent on third party bookings. This will be clearly displayed on the booking confirmation.
5 Terms of Payment
1. Customers shall make payment for the Lounge Facilities when booking by entering the details of their debit or credit card onto the on-line booking form, provided that such credit or debit card is listed as acceptable to Swissport GB Ltd. on the booking form instructions.
2. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the Customer shall not be entitled to any discount.
6 Customer's obligations
1. The Customer shall ensure that he is at all times appropriately dressed and shall behave in an appropriate manner. Swissport GB Ltd. and any third party lounge provider with whom Swissport GB Ltd. has entered into an arrangement for the provision of Lounge Facilities reserve the right at their sole and absolute discretion to refuse entry or to remove any Customer whose behaviour, mode of dress or intoxication is considered by Swissport GB Ltd. to be unsuitable or is likely to offend other Customers.
2. Customers must not remove food or drinks from the Lounge Facilities and will be asked to refrain from consuming food and/or drinks in the Lounge Facilities other than food and/or drinks provided in the Lounge Facilities.
3. The Customer agrees to adhere to any no smoking policies in operation in any of the Lounge Facilities.
4. Swissport reserve the right to refuse entry to, or to remove from the Lounge any persons who are drunk and/or disorderly or whose conduct is unlawful, offensive or who are not entitled to admission to the Lounge. Any person who causes a disturbance, or who refuses to comply with reasonable requests from the Lounge staff may be removed from the Lounge.
5.Hen parties and stag parties are strictly prohibited and will not be admitted to use the Lounge Facilities under any circumstances. Dialog will not be entered into and the decision of management is final.
6. Swissport GB Ltd.are under no obligation to refund in full or in part any parties that attempt to use the Lounge Facilities as a stag or hen party or as a group that has not been pre-booked in accordance with our Group Booking policy (15.1.).
7 Cancellations & Amendments
1. In the event of the Customer failing to arrive for their stay, Swissport GB Ltd. shall be under no obligation, at any time, to issue any refund of the Charges previously paid by the Customer.
2. In the event of a customer wishing to amend or cancel an existing booking outside of 48 hours prior to departure;
- A Customer may amend their booking with no Administration Fee being payable only if the amend results in no difference or a positive difference to the value of the resulting monetary value.
- If the amend results in a negative difference following the removal of passengers from the booking, then the Customer will incur a £1.50 GBP (inclusive of UK VAT) Administration Fee per adult removed.
- Customers may only amend their booking once. Any further amends will need to be undertaken by the customer services team during regular UK office hours, with applicable fees being applied accordingly.
- A Customer may cancel their booking subject to a £1.50 GBP (inclusive of UK VAT) Administration Fee per adult.
- The sum of the Administration Fee will be clearly displayed to the Customer upon amending or cancelling their booking.
3. In the event of a customer wishing to amend an existing booking inside of 48 hours prior to departure;
- Customers cannot amend their bookings within 48 hours of departure.
- Customer should contact the customer services team during regular UK office hours to amend their booking.
- If the amend results in no difference or a positive difference to the value of the resulting booking monetary value the Customer will incur a one–off £1.50 GBP (inclusive of UK VAT) Administration Fee per amendment.
- If the amend results in a negative difference then the Customer will incur a £5.00 GBP (inclusive of UK VAT) Administration Fee per adult.
- The sum of the Administration Fee will be clearly explained to the Customer upon amending or cancelling their booking.
4. In the event of a customer wishing to cancel their entire booking inside of 48 hours prior to departure;
- The customer will incur a £5.00 GBP (inclusive of UK VAT) Cancellation Fee per adult.
5. In the event of a customer wishing to remove passengers from their booking inside of 48 hours prior to departure;
- The customer will incur a £5.00 GBP (inclusive of UK VAT) Cancellation Fee per adult.
6. In order to cancel an authorised Group Booking (A Group Booking is a booking of 8 or more persons), Swissport GB Ltd. must be notified at least 7 (seven) days prior to the proposed date of travel with a fee of £5.00 per passenger payable by the Customer to Swissport GB Ltd. in respect of such cancellation. Thereafter the full Charge shall be payable and no refund will be made.
7. In the event of part-use, where the Customer is only able to use the Lounge Facilities for part of the allocated time that was booked, through no fault of Swissport GB Ltd., Swissport shall be under no obligation to refund in full or in part.
8 Gift Certificates
1. Gift Certificates may only be redeemed at Swissport GB Ltd. operated lounges. Swissport GB Ltd. reserve the right to close or remove lounges that accept Gift Certificates without prior notice to the customer.
2. Gift Certificates purchased online will be sent to the delivery address entered online by the Customer and appearing in the delivery address fields in the online form. Swissport GB Ltd. cannot accept liability for incorrect details entered by the Customer and any subsequent loss.
3. Gift Certificate orders will be processed and dispatched as soon as possible after placement of order. Orders are processed during normal UK office hours. Delivery will only be made to UK addresses. Swissport GB Ltd. is not liable for any delay or failure of Royal Mail or any other courier used.
4. Regrettably once an order is placed for Gift Certificates online, no refunds or amendments can be made. The Terms and Conditions contained in section 7 do not apply to Gift Certificate sales.
5. Any lounge access made using a Gift Certificate is subject to all other terms and conditions defined here with the exception of section 7. A lounge visit made using a valid Gift Certificate is limited to a maximum of 3 hours from time of first entry.
6. Passengers travelling in groups of 8 or more must contact us at least 3 working days in advance of their planned visit to check availability. Please contact us by using the contact us form.
7. Gift Certificates may not be resold or reused. Gift Certificates have no cash value. Once redeemed they will be retained by Swissport GB Ltd.
8. Gift Certificates for alcoholic drinks, including Champagne Gift Certificates, are only valid for Customers over 18 years. Once redeemed the stated product may only be consumed within the lounge. Alcoholic drinks may not be taken outside the lounge. These certificates do not include entry to the Lounge. Lounge entry must be obtained separately. While Swissport GB Ltd. will make all reasonable efforts to ensure availability of the product, in the unlikely event that the requested product is unavailable, Swissport GB Ltd. will offer an alternative where available or a full refund for the unavailable items.
1. Any images displayed on this website or in any publicity or documents produced by Swissport GB Ltd. are for illustrative guidance only.
10 Limitation on Liability
1. Subject to clause 10.2, Swissport GB Ltd. shall under no circumstances be liable for any indirect, special or consequential loss, including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of contract, loss of revenue or loss of business, howsoever arising whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or statutory duty or otherwise.
2. Swissport GB Ltd. does not exclude loss arising from death or personal injury caused by negligence.
3. Subject to clause 10.2 above, the aggregate liability of Swissport GB Ltd., (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or breach of statutory duty or otherwise) to the Customer for any loss or damage (whether asserted by the Customer or third parties), of whatsoever nature and howsoever caused shall be limited to and in no circumstances shall exceed the Charges paid by the Customer for the Lounge Facilities.
4. Swissport GB Ltd. shall under no circumstances be liable for any Customer failing to board his flight and neither Swissport GB Ltd. nor any third party lounge provider with whom Swissport GB Ltd. has entered into an arrangement for the provision of Lounge Facilities has any obligation to make flight announcements.
5. Swissport GB Ltd. shall under no circumstances be liable or responsible for the personal belongings of any Customer, and a Customer shall take personal belongings into the Lounge Facilities area solely at his own risk.
6. All information, recommendations and advice given by or on behalf of Swissport GB Ltd. to the Customer regarding Airport services or flight details are given without liability on the part of Swissport.
7. The Customer shall fully indemnify and compensate Swissport GB Ltd., its employees, sub-contractors and agents in respect of all actions, suits, claims, demands, costs, charges or expenses arising (whether asserted by the Customer or third party) out of or in connection with the provision of the Lounge Facilities which:
- are in excess of Swissport GB Ltd's liability set out in clause 10.3 above; and
- are caused directly or indirectly through the act or omission, wilful misconduct or negligence of the Customer.
11 Force Majeure
1. Swissport GB Ltd. shall not be liable to the Customer for any loss or damage caused to or suffered by the Customer as a direct or indirect result of the provision of the Lounge Facilities by or on behalf of Swissport GB Ltd. being prevented, restricted, hindered or delayed by reason of any circumstances outside the control of Swissport GB Ltd..
1. The right powers and remedies provided pursuant to these conditions are cumulative and do not exclude or affect any rights, powers or remedies provided by law . No delay in exercising, or non exercising by Swissport GB Ltd. of any rights or remedies under these conditions shall operate as a waiver or lease of that right, power or remedy.
1. No amendments or variation of these conditions shall be effective unless made in writing and signed or issued by Swissport GB Ltd..
14 Governing Law
1. These conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Swissport GB Ltd. and the Customer hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
15 Group Booking Policy
1. A Group Booking is defined as a booking, or separate bookings, resulting in a party of 8 or more, including individuals who will not be arriving at the lounge together but intend to use the Lounge Facilities as a combined group. Group Bookings cannot be made online and need to be authorised in advance by Swissport GB Ltd. on +44 1928 570 182. Swissport GB Ltd. reserves the right to refuse access to any customer(s) placing multiple bookings in order to override the Group Booking Policy.
2. Swissport GB Ltd. are under no obligation to refund in full or in part any customer who is refused access to the Lounge Facilities due to the disregard of Section 15 of these Terms and Conditions.