Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies by Holly Luker SOU Training
Serves 12 approx.
200g Chunky Peanut Butter (Smooth also works)175g Golden Caster Sugar
¼ teaspoon everyday salt1 Large Egg
200g bar of your favourite chocolate broken*Water
*I used Butlers Dark Chocolate with Salted Caramel for extra indulgence
Large mixing bowl
2 Baking trays
Wire cooling racks
Small heat proof bowl wider than the saucepan
- Heat the oven to 180c/160c fan/Gas 4
- Line the baking trays with the greaseproof paper
- Place into the large bowl the peanut butter, sugar, salt and mix into a paste like consistency
- Crack the egg into a small pot to avoid shell going to the mix, then add this to the large bowl of ingredients, mix together until the mixture forms a soft dough.
- Scoop off spoon sized chunks of the dough and place on to the baking trays spaced apart. Press the cookie mix down slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for approx. 12 minutes until the edges turn golden brown with a paler centre.
- Cool on the baking trays for 10 minutes once removed from the oven, then transfer onto wire racks to completely cool.
To melt the chocolate:
- Whilst the cookies are cooling, put a small amount of water into the saucepan allow to simmer about ¼ of the way up the pan. Place the heat proof dish into the saucepan.
- Add the chocolate pieces, stirring occasionally until melted. (or melt the chocolate in a microwave)
- Once the cookies have cooled – spread the chocolate using the metal spoon onto one half of each cookie. Feel free to use the chocolate to design your cookies as you wish.
- Allow to chill in the fridge until set.
- Enjoy with a good cup of coffee!